Sunday, December 2, 2012

Something wicked this way comes!

Finals... That is what the title of this post is describing.

We were given the challenge of helping someone out at the peak of our stress this week and then write about it. Pretty sure everything I did this week that was remotely close to helping someone else out only benefited me more.

Example: I invited some friends with out cars to go grocery shopping. In the end there were too many of us to fit in my car and I didn't even end up driving. Nicole did. Shout out to Niko!

My ward did a special needs carnival yesterday. Best 4 hours I have spent on a Saturday this semester.  Making popcorn on easy whip popper was a blast. Table spoon of oil, pinch of salt, and half cup of popcorn and bam. You got yourself a tasty bowl of popcorn. One of the highlights of the day was when someone put two cups of popcorn kernels in the pot instead of a half a cup.

Something funny happened this week. I was taking out some un-carved pumpkins to the dumpster and decided I wanted to smash them against the inner wall of the garbage can to see them explode. I had this bright idea after I had already tossed the first one in. I grabbed the second one and wound up for the pitch and threw that pumpkin as hard as a could.  One of the lids was down and the pumpkin hit the edge of the lid and came hurdling back at me. I made a quick head dodge and watched the pumpkin crack on the black top. I thought to myself. "ha ha whoa! I am glad no one was..."FAILURE!" My thought was interrupted by a girl. She was on the third floor of the apt building that faced the parking lot. She had been watching me out of her window. I just laughed and acted like I meant to do it.

Sorry for the random post!

3 comments: