Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving is over.

Come and gone. I woke up this morning excited that something great was coming. I remembered that Thanksgiving is over. I can't believe how fast it came and left.  Maybe it is my subconscious trying anyway to cope with the upcoming stress of school this week. Christmas is soon and the semester is almost over so how about I stop whining and share some highlights from the break.

Thursday: I am still sore from the turkey bowl. I should really consider playing football more than once a year. That or stretch once in a while. The only exercising I do is swimming and that is constant stretching in and of itself. After the turkey bowl we had a nice dinner. I was asked what my favorite thing was. This year I must say the rolls were superb. Shout out to Laur!

We played the usual games. Oh Heck (Known to some as Oh Jelly Beans). Moment of the night was when Meridith was caught redhanded holding on to her cards. I must say that it is an original/secure way to not take any tricks. My strategy to win in Smashing Pumpkins was definitely not accepted and it did not work as well as Mer's strategy in Oh Heck. Smashing Pumpkins is also known as celebrities. Everyone writes nouns on little pieces of paper. All of the papers are put in a bowl and then we each take a turn describing the word on the paper. My strategy was to put uncommon words such as "blue orange" or "spoon black" my competitors were frustrated at the difficulty of my words. I found it all too amusing until I couldn't remember what I had written down, thus giving up my advantage.

Last thing I will mention was watching scary movies with the three oldest grandchildren and Ben. Lets just say I had to fill everyone in on what was going on because I was the only one who wasn't too scared to watch ;) All thats left to say is that Christmas needs to come soon so the fun can continue.

7 comments:

  1. hmmm after watching half an hour of a scary movie with you . . . I don't know if I can believe you actually watched the movie . . . I bet you just made it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not how the scary movie watching experience was explained to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This experience reconfirmed that I should never watch scary movies...EVER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary movies and I are never ever ever getting back together like ever

      Delete
  4. You, Ben, anyone who wants to sleep at night, and scary movies (or scary anything with Ben) should never ever get back together. Let's say something has a scary level of 3. . . Ben makes it a 10. Every time. #humansacraficelatatnightwhilecampinginthewoods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mer, I laughed to myself for a good minute or two after reading this. Your hashtag is good.

      Delete