Sunday, November 18, 2012

Timing...

What is bad timing? Being in love with someone, getting over it, and then they are in love with you? Or is bad timing that one girl who was born in the 90's but dresses like and wishes she were born in the 50's? This week I definitely learned that the root of all problems is timing. If there is a time and place for everything then if something goes wrong it is simply "timing" that should get the blame.

I finally got an interview to volunteer at the hospital. The interview was at 3. I had a paper due in class at 4 so I had emailed my teacher the paper and was prepared to be late for class. I get to the hospital and find the volunteer office. I confidently go up to the lady at the desk and announce my arrival with my name. She looks up, with a confused look on her face then looks down at her papers. "Daniel was your name?" After an awkward silence of 20 seconds she looks up again and says, "Your appointment isn't today. It is in a week." I hear some snickers from the peanut gallery sitting behind me. I had passed 3 guys on the way in who were probably there for the exact same reason that I was. I responded with a laugh and explained that I was just trying to get a feel for the place. You can never be too prepared right? The lady was nice and told me she was excited to see me in a week. I would have felt dumb but I was too busy being bummed that she had already seen my good-first-impression shirt. So if someone tells you you can never be too early to an interview they wrong.

On Tuesday my apartment had cleaning checks. They are always in the afternoon while I am in class. As I do every Tuesday, and every other day of the week, I woke up, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, went running, did 79 pull-ups, 321 push ups, and then took a shower. I am changing in my room when I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I respond yea? And the door opens. A hand, of what looked like to be a 40 year old lady with some shiny bracelets was on the door knob. I am not sure though because my instincts acted before my brain could process what was going on. I yelped "Ahhhhh!" and pushed the door closed. She didn't say anything but she did respond by slamming the door to the outside of the apartment. She was out of here before you could say "whoa, that was really bad timing." After fully clothing myself I came out and saw that we had passed the cleaning check. I have considered purposefully doing this again to get out of my cleaning check but it isn't worth a dirty apartment.




1 comment:

  1. My favorite timing is when I look and the sky is beautiful. Be it I glance out the rear view mirror in my car and see the sky painted with a beautiful sunset, rays of natural sun light poking through the mountains, a clear night where the stars are infinite, or some cool clouds, I always feel so lucky to have looked up at the sky at that exact time! That's almost as good as getting a free pass on a cleaning check ;)

    ReplyDelete