Thursday, September 6, 2012

Junky-up-time!

Here are a few pictures that were taken the night before I moved out my last things for school. First Meridith came into chat and then Geoff. Then little by little Ben, Mom, and Jill showed up. Every time someone came in I yelled "sib time" which meant picture time. The camera was already set up on the ladder. Lauren, Annie, and Jon we missed you but it was an unplanned event so I don't blame you for not being there. 


This picture is titled "junky-up-time." Junky-up-time was a game we would play. We would all bring our best stuffed animals, blankets, and pillows. We would each put our heads on a corner of the bed with our feet in the middle. We would donate all of our belongings to the middle. After there was a huge pile in the middle Ben would yell "Junky-up-time!" We would frantically grab something to help us make it through the night.  It is crazy that when we were all little kids we could fit in the same bed comfortably. Actually let me clarify... It is amazing that we could all fit in the same bed and Ben would be comfortable. Naturally he was bigger, stronger, and smarter than the rest of us. After all junky-up-time was his idea.

Here is a nice picture of mom in her element. I am always excited when I get a picture this awesome. My camera has less megapixels than a smart phone and is pretty dated. On my mission my companions and the people I was teaching would always laugh at how huge it was. There is not artistry or tampering with it. It is what it is. The sky and her flower beds are matching. Not to get all sentimental but I like to imagine that the Lord uses his hands to make sunsets just like mom uses hers to organize the the colors in her gardens.


3 comments:

  1. Love this post Big D! Reading your sib memories definitely brought back a flood of my own! Muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, junky-up-time. . .why did we let Ben rule over us and tell us when to "stop" and "go?" Thinking about it evokes similar emotions to how I feel when watching one person on Survivor lead their little groupies like pons. Never again, Ben, never again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rude Mer! Don't turn my idea of sib fun time into me being a dictator with you as my helpless subjects.

    ReplyDelete