Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I don't ever feel awkward...

Usually I write on Sunday nights but this week enough has happened to fill up the post.

I talked to a few friends last week or the week before about how I usually don't feel awkward. I now have an experience that I can retell when asked about any awkward experiences. (During our discussion a girl shared an experience about how she walked in on a honey mooning couple; it was the most awkward story I have heard... but that is her story.)

Ok I have two experiences. The first one isn't awkward just funny. So I go to FHE everything normal. Later a girl comes late and I notice that she is wearing a sweatshirt that I have. No biggy. All of my winter clothes are still at home in my room. With in two seconds of being in the door she shouts across the room, "hey we have the same sweatshirt!" How would she know that? I look down and see that I have the exact same hoody on.  As everyone turns to look at me I turn red. Don't worry she calmed things over by saying, "oh, don't worry this is a boy hoodie, it used to be my brothers." 

I saw her in church on Sunday. I have been waiting for the opportunity to say "oh I have that shirt" as a joke. She was wearing a dress and I really didn't want to go there. 

Ok now to the real story. Yesterday I go to Kneaders. I had a call in order. I kneaded to be in and out of there quick! I get to the window and the girl (Arlynn Robinson) opens the window says hey and says "that will be $7.72"  I give her my debit card with a polite smile, the kind you would give an old friend that is getting your dinner. She gives me the card back and says have a good night then shuts the window. Frustrated I am thinking. Where is my sandwich!?! I honk my horn and she doesn't respond; she is too busy helping other people. What the heck? I am hungry! 3 minutes later she turns around and opens the window, "uhhh can I help you?" her raised eyes saying more than her words.  I confidently respond "Yea, what about the sandwich?" More confidently and unamused she responded, "I gave it to you." I looked to the passenger seat and there she was, my turkey bacon, avocado on ciabata bread. Then came that moment when I could honestly whisper under my breath "AWKWARD!" I looked over laughed and put the pedal to the metal. I still think I am red. 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha Ha...totally awkie! That is my new favorite saying.

      Delete
  2. Definitely worth the price of awkwardness!! Glad you can have a go-to story in awkward conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Arlynn this weekend and totally wanted to ask her about this, but I forgot. Thanks for calling and sharing your funny story with me.

    ReplyDelete